Zagat’s Top Ten

Bourbon Class Tomorrow at Party Source!
November 14, 2012
Are you ready for Thanksgiving?
November 20, 2012

Really interesting list here– there are some notable omissions (in my opinion):

1) Jean-Robert Table (French)
2) Bakersfield (Mexican)
3) Orchids at Palm Court (American)
4) Jeff Ruby’s Steakhouse (Steak)
5) Nicola’s (Italian)
6) Tony’s (Seafood/Steak)
7) Abigail Street (Mediterranean)
8) Jeff Ruby’s Precinct (Steak)
9) Jag’s Steak & Seafood (Seafood/Steak)
10) Morton’s (Steak)

I have no idea how Morton’s got on the list– they’re fine and all, but I can think of a dozen better restaurants that are actually Cincinnati-owned. I’d replace at least one Jeff Ruby restaurant with Local 127.

What’s missing on this list, in your opinion?

1. Kat says:

I absolutely agree! Not to pick on Morton’s but we had a group that went there opening day for the Reds & had a horrible experience . I would much rather see a locally owned restaurant on this list than a chain personally.

• Had a very bad experience at Morton’s two weekends ago. it was busy but not packed and food took forever and a day to arrive; it took 45 minutes to get a half dozen oysters, among other issues. Disappointing.

2. C. Trent Rosecrans says:

senate and agree on local 127

3. TJ Jackson says:

4. Bob Bobbins says:

This post is slightly misleading.. You’ve copied this arbitrary list: For example, Morton’s ranks 5th of 17 steak houses, not 10th of (whatever this list is supposed to be).

5. Trishb says:

Last person I talked to that went to Jean-Robert for lunch said he’d never want to take anyone there for a business lunch again. To say he was disappointed with taking clients there would be an understatement. Didn’t even want to go try a different day/time.

6. Cincinnati_Lee says:

I think Boca should be on the list. I really like Mirabelle’s as well!

7. makan says:

Jag’s on the list? Pretty sad list

8. Paige P says:

I don’t get the hype on table, maybe it’s the lack of french restaurants in cincinnati for comparison, but it’s pretty uninspiring to me.

9. Dan Mess says:

Bakersfield is nice and everything but there are TWO better places in my neighborhood to get a taco: Django and Tacocracy. In general I’d question how very steak-heavy this list is. Restaurants that should be on this list: Boca, Honey, Riverside Korean, Local 127.

10. Suz says:

Cincinnati has more than just steakhouses…half the list is comprised of steakhouses.

11. Margye says:

Cincy is a sad restaurant town as evidenced by this list. I don’t see Emilia or Mayberry mentioned. They are the closest to interesting dining in the city.