Openings, Closings & Transitions 10/14/13
Oct 14, 13
- NuVo, the reboot of the all-local restaurant helmed by Mark Bodenstein, formerly of Nicholson’s, is set to open on October 17. It will feature an entirely prix fixe, six-course meal at $45 per person. Its location? The former Greenup Cafe spot in Covington.
- Doug Faulkner, co-owner of Take the Cake Cafe, has left to pursue other projects. The restaurant closed on September 26 for vacation, and reopened for lunch last week. Unfortunately, they are only doing “light brunch” on Saturdays and are closed on Sundays and Mondays, but their Facebook page promises a return sometime in the future.
- FUSIAN, the quick-service sushi concept, has opened its fourth store, located in Hyde Park Plaza,. This makes Oakley, in my estimation, the center of the Cincinnati Sushiverse (it also holds the title of the center of the Cincinnati Pad Thai-verse).
- Goodfellas Pizza, in the former Mayberry space on Main Street, will be the latest addition to the Over-the-Rhine restaurant community. Interesting: it’s next door to Cincy by the Slice, and across the street from Lucy Blue’s. I am thrilled to see more affordable food choices in Over-the-Rhine, but I wonder if there’s market for that many places in a one-block area.
- The former Enzo’s will soon be home to Lang Thang, a bodega/deli concept from the group behind Pho Lang Thang and Quan Hapa. No word on an opening date– but should be before the end of the year.
Photo: Goodfellas Pizza